Last Saturday I taught my Mat Moves Pilates class at the Lululemon showroom in Covent Garden. My Mat Moves class is a whole body conditioning class and incorporates Pilates exercises with traditional ballet barre exercises transferred to the mat. The class works deep intrinsic muscles that you never knew existed and aims to improve flexibility, posture and core stability to give you that long lean sculpted physique!
I was so excited to teach at the store as I love Lululemon’s activewear (I own 4 pairs of there leggings already- they are the best!) I was really looking forward to becoming part of Lululemon community especially as they are soon to be opening a new permanent store on the famous Long Arce.
The class was packed and full up even 15 minutes before it was due to start. I wanted to share with you some exercises from the class so if anyone came along they can do the workout at home and for anyone else who wants to give it a go. The standing warm up is written down below and is a great short workout to mobilise the spine, work the legs, mobilise your shoulders and connect with breathe! I am happy to explain in the comments any exercises that you don’t understand from the names a little more.
I have then done a video showing one of the floor barre sections that works the inner thighs as well as core stability and pelvic stability. Check it out below and I’d love to know what you thought in the comments. Also I will uploading more videos very soon so please subscribe to my channel. 🙂
Standing Warm Up
- shoulder shrugs x 3 (exhale as shoulders go down and relax)
- Floating arms (float arms out to side and above head then down by sides)
- Roll downs x 3 (nod chin to chest then roll down through spine to floor, then roll up to standing)
- Rise and down on to balls of feet (slowly x 8 and quickly x 16)
- Wide second legs- plié down and up
- Hold deep plié and move arms up and down over head x 8
- Hold deep plié second and stretch body into side reaches right and left
- Straight parallel squats- squat add rise and lower of heels
- Rolls down and walk out to plank and up x 5
- Hold plank or half plank and take 8 tricep dips.
Love, Lottie x