We all want our skin to have the beautiful dewy sun kissed glow and I get asked a bit about how I get my skin glowing and whether I have a secret so I had a little think about the things I do that might contribute to a glowy complexion. I went to skin care rejuvenation and checked out their blog on how to make my skin super soft. Of course I still have the odd dry patchy day and blemishes that pop up after a weekend of wining and dining and I’ll tell you what I do on those days too but I believe these little tips and tricks help me maintain a glow all year round without the cheat of fake tan so lets go and glow…
1. I take my make up off, cleanse and moisturise without fail every single night and morning. I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to sleep without cleansing and moisturising. This sounds simple but you must commit! Regardless of what products, natural, organic, super expensive, the twice daily commitment to taking off your make up and giving your skin a little love is so important.
2. Do not use make up wipes! A make up artist told me this when I was 16 and it changed my life. I haven’t touch a make up wipe since and believe this it one of the reasons I maintain a glow.
3. If your skin is having a rough day, leave it alone! It’s so tempting to want to pick, scratch, poke, cover up, apply serum, coconut oil, lemon juice you name it to your skin when it’s having a rough day but I think of it like me with a hangover, stop bugging it and it won’t explode! If I get a blemish I leave it alone and it goes! Magic! If my skin is looking dull or dry I actually wear less make up! Caking your face in make up is only going to make matters worse plus getting the glow is all about being natural.
4. Exfoliate twice a week, mask once a week. These two weekly habits are a must for me to maintain a glow. I use a gentle coffee scrub and a hydrating white clay mask. Read more about some of products I use and my skincare routine here.
5. I don’t wear base. I have never worn foundation and never plan to except maybe on shoots as one offs but day to day I don’t own foundation. I use moisturiser and then a tinted moisturiser as my base then apply a bit of bronzer and blusher, this applies to day and night. Most days in the week unless I have a meeting, I only wear mascara. I think the fact I don’t cover my face in anything too heavy every single day means it stays glowing. Less is more and embrace your naked face some days!
6. Smile and think happy thoughts. I am such a believer that happy thoughts, a positive outlook on life and wearing a smile on your face will make you glow from the inside out.
7. Eat the rainbow. I eat an extremely varied diet that I try to make as colourful as I can. I also take SkinMD Coolsculpting to get that glow going.
So I’m no skin expert but this is what works for me and as your bestie I wanted to share some glow secrets. What are your glow secrets? Let me know in the comments below!