As a teenager, getting ready with the girls was such a major part of my life. It was even better than the actual going out sometimes. Your besties all coming round armed with make-up, outfit choices, nail varnish, drinks and nibbles, giggling and deciding want to wear, gossiping and talking about the night ahead. Oh so much fun!
But as we get older (yuck) we stop doing these girly gatherings. Everyone likes the comfort of there own home and bathroom to get ready and living with boyfriends/flatmates can make it much more difficult however I want to bring the ‘girls getting ready together’ thing back because it really is the best time!
Last Saturday, me and the girls were going out in Hoxton and we all spent the whole afternoon together before too. Here’s what we got up to and some guidelines on ‘How to Get Ready with the Girls!’
1. Meet for a late lunch. We met for lunch in a lovely little café in Sidcup and caught up on each others lives. This is the time when you can really chat, give advice and listen over a yummy late lunch. We decided this would be our big meal of the day and get nibbles for later.
2. Have a Superdrug Shopping Spree. There were certain things we all needed to buy from Superdrug for the night out and who knew how fun Superdrug with the girls could be! I didn’t even need anything and ended up trying on my hand about 50 shades of lipstick and then buying a lipgloss! Be careful though because time flies when your having fun wandering the aisles of Superdrug. I think we were in there for at least 40 minutes.
3. Go to the supermarket and stock up on nibbles and drink. We went to waitrose and basically just picked up anything we fancied to have for nibbles/dinner before heading out. In our basket was a pizza, olives, houmous, popcorn, flapjacks and I think we ended up eating roast potatoes too! We also bought a bottle of Bacardi, lemonade, lime and mint to make MOJITOS!
4. All go back to the house with the biggest mirror and get ready. Me and Toni live together so we went back to mine and luckily Toni has floor length door mirrors on her wardrobes so we could all get ready sitting in a row! heehee! Girls nights are the best time to be your most daring with makeup, clothes and hair styles! We try new things on each other and borrow each others make up to create looks you’d never normally try.
5. Make HOME MADE COCKTAILS! Pre- drinks are a must when getting ready with the girls! We normally drink wine however when going on a big night out its hard to drink wine all night long so we decided to make some mojitos! Scarlett even went all out a lined the glasses with sugar. Snazzy! Mojitos are my go to cocktails because I find them really sweet but refreshing with the lime and mint! (Do they count as health benefits?)
I hope this inspires you to organise a girly night out and to try and get ready together too. It makes you feel like a teenager again!! Let me know what you and your girls get up to when getting ready together by leaving a comment below. Here’s some more pics from our night!