The last month has been so busy that I have slightly neglected my home cooking, my fridge is often pretty sad with half eaten salad bags, some olives and peanut butter lurking in the back. I know this is just for now while other areas of my life take priority and I’m trying not to let it stress me out and still managing to eat healthily. Being busy is definitely not an excuse to get take outs! One evening last week, I had to be creative with store cupboard and freezer ingredients and the finish result was pretty awesome, here’s my leftover protein packed quinoa one pot, it’s an amazing and easy healthy recipe…
Ingredients – serves 3-4
1 carton black beans
1 handful frozen peas
1 onion (chopped)
1 can of tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Pinch of garlic salt
A little olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and then place in a saucepan covered with double the amount of water.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the carton of black beans and frozen peas and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile add the oil, onion, basil, chilli and garlic salt to a pan and heat gently for 5 minutes.
5. Add the can of tomatoes and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Combine the quinoa mixture with the onion and tomato sauce and serve with a big dollop of houmous.
Also amazing the next day for lunch, I’m obsessed with mason jars!
Love, Lottie x