I’m going to be speaking at The National Wedding Show on Friday 23rd September about Pilates posture and how it can help you walk the aisle in style and also about feeling body confident on your big day! I’m so honoured to be an ambassador for the new health and wellbeing part of the The National Wedding Show, The Feel Good Zone, as I believe your health and wellbeing is such an important thing to consider when you are preparing for your wedding and on the day itself. Having a healthy mind and body will make you feel so amazing and as much as the small details like place settings, flower arrangements and how your make up looks are important; the most important thing is how you feel.
I’m so passionate about the many benefits of Pilates and feel that it can make all the difference to your big which is why I’m so excited to be talking to lots of bride to be’s in September.
Here’s a little video I did with The National Wedding Show showing you some moves to make you feel amazing and confident on your big day.
You can book tickets to come along here with a discounted offer using the code LOTTIEM. The Offer is 2 tickets for £25 London/Birmingham and then 2 tickets for £20 Manchester. Saving £7.50 per ticket in London & Birmingham and then saving £10 per ticket Manchester. EXPIRES THURSDAY PRIOR TO SHOWS.
If you can’t make the shows, here’s five of my top tips for perfect Pilates posture and body confidence.
- I truly believe that our body language and posture can really help with our confidence and how we feel. If you make yourself small you’ll feel small, if you make yourself big you’ll feel big. We spend so much time hunched forwards, looking down, shoulders rolled forwards, chest sunken in. Even do it now and just notice how it makes you feel. Now open your chest, lengthen your spine and lift your chin, you can instantly feel more confident.
- To help improve posture, when sitting at your desk try to get up and walk around at intervals throughout the day and keep your spine moving at your desk. Twist left to right, bend side to side and keep your chest and shoulders open. It can help to have to have your computer or laptop is at eye level so you aren’t hunched forwards looking down.
- To help with body confidence leading up to your big day try to take the focus off how you look and focus more on how you feel. Work out and eat well in ways that you love with the intention of feeling amazing!
- Your eye line can really affect your posture. When you walking look straight along the horizon, your neck should lengthen from your spine and your head should balance on top of your neck.
- Start incorporating breathing techniques into your daily routine and on the day of your wedding to help you feel calm, focused and relaxed. It can also helps with your posture by getting rid of any tension in your chest and shoulders.
Above all else, have fun on your wedding day! I hope to see you at The National Wedding Show on Friday 23rd September in the Feel Good Zone!
Love, Lottie x