If you follow me on Instagram you may know that I’m currently on a holiday atm with my best girlies. Emily and I are so used to moving our bodies every day with Pilates and yoga, walking around London teaching and attending classes and we had every intention of starting the day with movement while away. Sometimes too many sangrias and the comfiest beds ever change intentions but something about Monday morning kick started us today.
With only the sofa, cushions and our lazy butts to use we wanted to do something quick and fun so decided to change the exercises up every time. We combined body weight, ballet and Pilates moves to create this 20 minute fun workout targeting all areas. It felt so good to just move. And it’s fun if you have a best friend with you too. We used a workout timer app on my phone and we set it for 40 seconds work and 10 seconds rest.
1. Plie Squats
2. V sit or teaser hold
3. Reverse Lunges
4. Triceps Dips off the sofa
5. Curtesy lunges
6. Spider-Man Plank bringing knee to same elbow
7. Side leg raises with squat in the middle
8. Russian twists
9. Side leg pulses right
10. Side leg pulses left
11. Sit ups with legs over the side of the sofa
12. Arabesque leg kicks right
13. Arabesque leg kicks left
14. Knee tucks in plank with cushion under feet.
15. Sliding side lunge with cushion under foot
16. Side plank with twist right
17. Side plank with twist left
18. One leg on sofa and side reach away right
19. One leg on sofa and side reach away left
20. Hold elbow plank with elbows on cushion.
If you’re unsure of any exercises then repeat one you know or make up a new one. That’s the fun of it!
We then used the wall and sofa to do some stretches like a chest stretch, pigeon on the sofa and neck stretches. Followed by Greek yogurt, banana, pumpkin seeds and honey for brekkie and we were ready to hit the pool feeling so much better for doing a quickie workout!
Love, Lottie x