I do love a good quote and I wanted to share my favourites to take us forwards into 2016. Sometimes when you wake up feeling a little crap with no motivation to do yoga, have a healthy breakfast or be positive, all it takes is a little quote to make you feel better. Do things you’ve always wanted to do in 2016 and remember that this is your life! Go live it! I also love the look of 2016, it’s nice and round and 16 is my favourite number! Decide to make 2016 the best yet!
Whenever, I’m feeling a down or not sure how to deal with a certain situation or emotion, I type key words into Pinterest and scroll through, I always find that one quote will really resonate with me. I will save it and look at it throughout the day or week.
So here’s my faves that I am going to try to remember and live by in 2016. I hope they inspire you to have the best year ever too.
1. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while. – unknown
2. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. – unknown
3. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. -Dr. Seuss
4. I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something – Neil Gaiman
5. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. -Mahatma Gandhi
6. To find yourself, think for yourself. -Socrates
7. Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. – Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym
8. A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
9. Be the happiest most adventurous version of yourself possible. – unknown
10. The key to serenity is trusting that the universe has your back. – Gabrielle Bernstein
I am a huge fan of Gabrielle Bernstein, a spiritual teacher, I have her app and quote cards as well as her books. She has such a beautiful soul and I love taking a quote card from her pack at random each morning and having it next to me as I eat my breakfast. Gabby’s app is great too as you can set an alarm on your phone for the an affirmation to pop up at a certain time. It somehow always seems to be just what I need!
I am so excited to be going to Gabby’s full day workout on Saturday 23rd January in London. The theme is How to Make Your Resolutions Stick and Have the Best Year Yet! I am also so excited to offer one of you guys a ticket. All you have to do is pop over to my Instagram post to enter by leaving a little comment letting me know your new year’s resolution. I will announce the winner on Sunday 10th January. Good luck and Happy New Year my lovely lovely readers!
Love, Lottie x